Looking to deepen your knowledge and teachings of yoga in the coming year?
Join Dr. Cyndi and Justin for an Ayurvedic Yoga and Post Traumatic Growth Yoga Advanced Teacher Training.
The Ayurvedic Yoga and Post Trauma Growth Advanced Teacher’s Training program is comprised of 12 Learning Modules.
The training will take place in the Washington DC metro area, on the third weekend of each month, allowing easy access to working householders without major disruption of your existing routine.
The 300-Hour Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training is comprised of Foundations of Ayurveda, followed by Modules on each Dosha, on uniting Yoga and Ayurveda, and on alignment. One module is entirely dedicated to Post Traumatic Growth for Special Populations. A final Practicum Workshop Presentation and a Final Exam will conclude the curriculum before students’ graduation.
The curriculum builds on existing knowledge of postures, pranayama, and other yogic techniques as taught in VETOGA’s 200 Hour YTT.
What will you learn?
Ayurvedic Yoga and Post Trauma Growth Advance Teacher Training
Module 1: September 20 -22, 2019
Module 2: October 18-20, 2019
Module 3: November 15-17, 2019
Module 4: December 13-15, 2019
Module 5: January 17-19, 2020
Module 6: February 14-16, 2020
Module 7: March 20-22, 2020
Module 8: April 17-19, 2020
Module 9: May 15-17, 2020
Module 10: June 19-21, 2020
Module 11: July 17-19, 2020
Module 12: August 21-23, 2020
Tuition Cost: $3900
Non-Refundable Application Fee: $50
10% of the Tuition Cost ($390) will be donated directly to VETOGA
Program Start: 20 September 2019
Program End: 23 August 2020
Application deadline: August 30, 2019
Admissions and Certification Requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Display English-language competency
- Have received a high school diploma or GED
- Exhibit the ability to contribute to a safe and cohesive learning environment
- Demonstrate physical, mental, and emotional preparedness to fully participate in all aspects of the program.
The VETOGA certification programs have an intensive schedule and curriculum that is physically, mentally, and emotionally rigorous. To be admitted, you must demonstrate medical and mental health and readiness to fully participate in the demands of the program. In addition, applicant must be able to support the group learning process and may be denied if it is determined that their participation would in any way compromise a safe and cohesive learning environment. The VETOGA School of Yoga Admissions Committee may require your medical provider to furnish a note confirming that the training is suitable for your capabilities.
Additional 300-Hour Ayurvedic Yoga and Post Traumatic Growth Advanced Teacher Training Admissions Criteria
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience practicing yoga
- Successful completion of a 200-hour yoga teacher training from a Yoga Alliance-registered school. Must provide proof of completion with either a copy of your 200-hour certificate or a copy of your RYT-200 Yoga Alliance registration card
- Letter of recommendation from either a yoga student or a yoga teacher.
- Successful completion of VETOGA 300 Hours Ayurvedic Yoga and Post Traumatic Growth Advanced Teacher Training with a passing grade of C or better.
- 100 percent attendance in all modules unless approved in advance.
- Active class participation
- At-home assignments completed on time
- Demonstrate teaching competency and proficiency
- Maintain safe space for teaching and practicing yoga
- Demonstrate professional behavior and ethical conduct.
Admissions to the programs are determined on a rolling basis through the application deadline. Given high program demand, a maximum number of 20 students are admitted per training. We strongly recommend that applicants submit applications as soon as possible (two–four months prior to the program start). Trainings typically fill to capacity about one month in advance. We rely on information provided in the application to make informed decisions about your capacity to fully participate in and benefit from all aspects of the program. Please answer the questions honestly and completely. Providing inaccurate or incomplete information may result in a declined admissions decision or removal from the program without refund. The VETOGA School does not discriminate in admissions, administration, or educational policies with regard to race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, creed, or religion.
- Review information on program dates, costs, faculty, curricula, certification criteria, and general information on our website.
- Complete the appropriate application in its entirety, including the short-answer questions. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. We reserve the right to require a phone interview or take other steps to supplement your application, if needed, in order to arrive at an informed admissions decision.
- Include a passport-sized headshot. This will not be considered in the screening process; however, it will help us begin to cultivate a relationship with you prior to your arrival. You are welcome to submit a headshot upon acceptance into the program.
- Submit the Non-Refundable $50 application fee by credit card at the end of the online application process. You may also pay by check, which should be made payable to Natural Healing Rx, LLC. For international applicants, checks must be drawn on a domestic bank.
- You will be notified of your admissions decision via email within two to four weeks of receipt of your application.
- Maximum capacity for the program is 20 students. If you are accepted in the training and the course you are interested in is full, you may register for the waitlist, which will remain open until the program’s start.
APPLY HERE: Application Button linked to the application page
Payment, Cancellation, and Refund Policies
Option 1) $1500 ($390 VETOGA Donation)upon acceptance, $200 per month for 12 months to be paid via automatic deposit.
Option 2) (Prior approval with Financial Burdens): $390 upon acceptance (VETOGA Donation), $292.50 per month for 12 months to be paid via automatic deposit.
Option 3) 50 percent of the total program cost (tuition) is due at the time of registration to reserve program space. The remaining balance is due thirty days before program start date.
Refund and Cancellation Policy*
Refunds (less a $50 processing fee) will be given according to the following schedule: for cancellations 45 days or more days prior to the start of the program, 100 percent of monies paid will be refunded. No other refunds or credits are available. The standard cancellation policy applies to all charges.
Method of Payment
Acceptable forms of payment are
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
- Personal checks (US dollars)
- Money orders (US dollars)
Note if you prefer to pay your application fee by check, make checks payable to Natural Healing Rx, LLC, and indicate the program and date you applied for on the check.
Application Fee by Check
If you prefer to pay your application fee by check, make checks payable to Natural Healing Rx, LLC, and mail to 491 Carlisle Drive, Suite 201, Herndon, Virginia 20170, and indicate the program and date you applied for on the check.
*If you are an international student traveling to the US for a training and you are unable to obtain a visa within 30 days of the program start to allow you entrance into the United States, we will refund in full all monies paid toward tuition. Application fees are nonrefundable.
Textbooks and Materials
In addition to the complementary manual students receive on the first day of training, the required textbooks list for this training will be provided with your acceptance letter. The cost of the textbooks is the responsibility of the students.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Ayurvedic Yoga and Post Traumatic Growth Advance Teacher Training academically rigorous?
Yes. Ayurveda is an ancient system of healing and preventive health that requires a good deal of study and commitment in order to become competent in the science and art of the practice. Sessions are taught by distinguished Lead Teachers, and there are also required reading and homework assignments between each of the modules.
What kind of academic support will I receive from the VETOGA School?
Every VETOGA program has supervised study and review sessions led by a VETOGA faculty member to help you integrate course content. VETOGA staff offer office hours during the modules, and we provide feedback and mentoring for each homework assignment.
What should I do to prepare for my training?
Your days will be full when you arrive at training. Since you will be doing yoga each morning, we recommend that you begin a gentle yoga practice if you are not doing so already. It is also suggested to begin to get into a rhythm similar to that of the daily schedule listed below in order to get acclimated to student life during training, paying particular attention to waking, meal, and bedtimes.
Be sure to look for a letter in your email inbox six weeks prior to the start of the program with a list of required reading and written homework assignments.
Will there be a graduation that my family and friends can attend?
Yes there will be a formal graduation ceremony and celebration for graduates, friends, and family members at the completion of the Ayurvedic Yoga and Post Traumatic Growth Advance Teacher Training.
What are my housing options?
Housing is the responsible of the student.
Yoga Alliance Certification:
The 300RYS – Ayurvedic Yoga and Post Trauma Growth Advanced Teacher Training Track has been submitted to Yoga Alliance and is pending approval.